Copic Marker Basics
I have been Using Copic Markers for about 9 years now. They are professional artist markers that will run you about $6-$8 a piece! A little steep, yes. I don’t recommend going out and purchasing them right away. Do your research, watch videos, tutorials and soak up as much information as you can about them.
You can’t just use any paper and an ink when you are stamping and coloring in the images with Copic Markers. I use Black Memento Ink or if I’m doing the no line technique I’ll use Desert Sand Memento Ink. Paper is also very important– you can’t just use any ole white cardstock. It has to be a heavy cardstock with a smooth service. My current choice of cardstock for Copics is Cryogen, I love it and for me it works really well with all of the layers of colors I like to add. I have also used Copic Xpress and Neenah Ultra White. These papers worked great when I was a beginner and not using as much ask as I do now.
Check out my Favorite Craft Companies!
What do Copics do.. what’s the big deal?
So what about these markers are so great you are probably thinking.. Well, they are alcohol markers therefore; they blend together. You know when you use a Crayola marker, let’s say a light pink and a dark pink and you want to create shadows or depth in your coloring. Well using Crayola markers will is going to give you lines and it’s NOT going to blend. Using an alcohol marker will allow these colors to blend beautifully. There are other companies who offer similar products I have used a few of them and I am not fond of them at all. I always go back to my Copic Markers.
There’s over 350 Copic Colors, do I have them all? NO! I don’t. I do have over 200 of them though that I have bought over the years. There are 4 different styles of Copics; Ciao, Sketch, Wide and Copic. For the type of coloring I do, creating cards and coloring stamped images I use the Sketch Markers. There’s a chisel nib on one end and a brush end on the other. I only really use the brush nib. All the nibs can be replaced if needed. Now, all of these markers are able to be refilled you can buy the refills for about $10.
Copic Refills amounts
- Sketch Marker – can be refilled about 12 times with the Copic Refill Container
- Ciao Marker – can be refilled about 15 times with the Copic Refill Container
- Wide Marker – can be refilled about 7 times with the Copic Refill Container
- Copic Marker – can be refilled about 9 times with the Copic Refill Container
My Favorite Color Combos
- Skin – E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13
- Cheeks – R32, R30
- Dark Blonde – E44, R43, E42, E41
- Light Blonde – E55, E53, E51, E50
- Brunette – E29, E25, E21
- Pinks – R81, R83, R87, R89 or RV00, RV32, RV34 or R30, R32
- Blues – B91, B93, B95, 97, B99
- Blue/Green – BG72, BG75, BG78
- Green -YG91 YG93, YG95, YG97 or G20, G21, G24, G28
- Orange – YR15, YR14, YR12, YR00 or E99, E97
- Purple- V17, V15, V12, V01, V00, V000, V0000 or V91, V93, V95, V99
- Red – R32, R35, R37, R39, R59
- Yellow – Y21, Y23, Y26
- Crisp White – N0, N1, N3 and a tiny bit of N5
- Vintage/Shabby Chic White – W00, W1, W3, W5 this is mostly what I do for my spotted backgrounds.
- Black – N9, N7, N5 a little N3
FREE Coloring Pages and Digi Stamps!
We all love a getting freebies to color. Well how would you like to get access to all of the digi stamps and coloring pages in My Creative Library? I know you want in!!! So sign up! Everyone who joins My Creative Library will get free digis in their email a few times a month, then I add those digis in there later on in the month. 🙂
We all love to get a little gift here and there and if you are on my blog, chances are you LOVE to color. So, I have gathered some links to some coloring pages that I love. I might not have a lot of time on my hands to color them but I do want to share.
- Dawn Nicole Designs Coloring Pages
- Dawn Nicole Designs Coloring Pages with Copic Marker Tutorials
- Tammy Tutterow Designs Coloring Pages
- Eva Marie Made Coloring Pages
- My Coloring Pages Pinterest Board
- Download your FREE Coloring Hair Book
- Join My Creative Library for access to my FREE Digis and Coloring Pages
Why not check out some of my tutorials? Here’s a few of my favorite!
Join My Coloring Challenge!
Every week I’ll be posting a Color Inspiration Monday Link Up! So, whenever you are feeling uninspired or just want some creative coloring ideas you will know where to come to for your dose of inspiration! I know I get so inspired when I check out others creations and blogs, it always gives me an idea or two and makes me want to start creating.
You can enter as many projects as you’d like! So link, link, link away!
Copic Marker Classes
I love Copic Markers and coloring it is relaxing to me. I have had the opportunity to teach class all over Southern California, Las Vegas and even Puerto Rico! When I would go to my classes I would bring a little information packet about how I color using the flicking technique, how I use grey tones to enhance the depth of my coloring and I have the color list I listed above in this information packet. I’ve created a FREE Copic Marker Class E-Course for you! You will get 3 days of tips and tricks, tutorials, PDF’s, E-Book and access to my Private Facebook Group!
If you are looking for some Online video more detailed Copic Marker Courses you can check out my paid classes.
Are you new to My Creative Scoop?
Take my FREE Copic E-Course and let's color and chat!