Create Simple Handmade Cards using Copic Markers
Why hello there my creative peeps! I have a super fun card to share with you today. Today I’ll be sharing some step by step instructions, because my photos had some horrible lighting, but it won’t be hard to follow.
First I would like to share that this adorable ‘Hugs’ die is from Honey Bee Stamps new Honey Cuts Dies. Seriously a MUST have in my opinion. Check out the Honey Bee Stamps Blog for more inspiration using the die.
Step by Step Instructions
- Start with your darkest color in the center of your blank piece of Copic friendly paper, I’m using Copic Xpress it Blending Card. I took my V09 and made a circle and then flick going out all around the circle so we can get ready for our next color.
- Then I took V06 and flicked out blending the V09.
- Again with V05.
- And again with V01 and then fill the rest of the paper.
- Repeat steps 1-4 really blending out those colors and saturating that paper.
- Then I literally took a handful of bright colors and starting in the middle flick all around the dark circle.
- After I had all my colors laid down I took my V05 and made the edge of the paper darker flick towards the center of the dark spot in the middle.
- Then blend the V05 out by repeating with V01, again flicking towards the center. This will also slightly mute the bold colors and blending them into the background.
- Once you have your colorful burst the way you want it take a white gel pen and flick white lines from the center of the dark spot.
- Go back with the white gel pen and add dots and small circles to resemble sparkles or maybe even stars in a galaxy.
- Then take you ‘Hugs’ Die and cut and place in the dark spot and cut it out. This will leave an outline of the word ‘Hugs’ and you will also have the word ‘Hugs’ for a second card! Ba-BAM!
Create Simple Handmade Cards using Copic Markers is pretty easy, don’t you think?
These cards were so much fun to create.
There are so many word dies and I think people forget that you can color and create some awesome unique backgrounds and then cut them out with dies. I have a step by step tutorial on How to Blend Different Colors using Copic Markers. It’s a great tutorial and can be used with so many different color combos.
Looking for some Copic Marker Color Combos? Download my Free Copic Marker Checklist!
New to Copic Markers?
Here's all my favorite color combos! Perfect if you're starting your Copic Collection!
Pin the image below so you can always find your way back to this page!
Linking up: Addicted to Stamps and More • Crafty Creations • The House that Stamps Built • Simon Says Stamp • The Crafty Addicts • Lemon Shortbread • Through the Craftroom Door • Always Fun Challenges •