Creating water drops using your Copic Markers
This month I’m going to be joining the Paper Smooches Team and doing some guests posts with this month’s new Stamp and die release! How fun right! Well I’ve come up with some creative ways to feature the Paper Smooches new products and I have so many tutorials to share as well!
Before we get to the Creating water drops using your Copic Markers I wanted to create a fun background. So, for the first part of this card I want to show you how to create an Ombre Background. This is also an awesome way to practice flicking and using Copic Markers and getting those colors to blend. So I’ve gathered my Copic Markers. BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10 and BG000. Gorgeous colors!
The easiest way that I have found to blend colors is by Flicking. You see in that first photo with the BG15, I laid the side of my marker down and with a quick stroke I flicked my marker. As you can see the part of the colored area is lightest at the end of the “flick”. Which makes it easier to blend the next shade.
In this last photo you will see how adding BG0000 really blends your last color into the white, because of how light the BG0000 is.
Now, to Create a water drops using Copic Markers, it’s easter if you have a physical item or outline to color so, I cut out the drip with the Paper Smooches NEW Cool Treats Die. It’s a popsicle die set.
Step by Step Instructions
- Trace the bottom left corner and go up the side of the drop using BG15.
- Add a little bit of the BG13 in the same area.
- Take BG10 in the same area but this time you will color and leave a white circle.
- Blend out using your BG000.
- Now take BG13 and define the top and bottom of the white circle you created.
- Blend out that using a little BG11, which should lend nicely with the BG!0.
- Now we are going to color behind the water drop using BG13. So you’re actually coloring on the ombre paper and not the die cut drop.
- Use BG11, and BG10 to blend out the shadow we just created using the BG!3.
Finish Coloring and Creating Water drops using your Copic Markers.
I’m so super happy with the way this card came out. Since I used only BG Copics I wanted my background to stand out a little more so I used this bright paper pad, Snippets by Studio Calico.
Be sure to visit the Paper Smooches Blog to see all of the amazing designers using the new products.
Pin the image below so you can always come back to this post!
Download my FREE Digi-Stamps and Papers!
Do you love to color? Join My Creative Library for unlimited access to my FREE Coloring downloads.