3D Effect Tutorial for your Stamped Images using Clearly Besotted
Hey there crafty friends! I’m back with another Sneak Peek card of the new Clearly Besotted Stamp sets. I have a fun step by step tutorial to share how to create a 3D Effect Tutorial for your Stamped Images. Anytime I fussy cut — especially little critters I love to do this little effect that you will see in the tutorial below. But first let’s talk about these adorable little stamps.
I’m using the Pop Up Travels helicopter — on my Monday’s Card on Creating Water Backgrounds I used the Hot Air Balloon. The little critters having a picnic are from the NEW Picnic Party Set. I used my Distress Oxide Inks, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Blender Brushes to create the clouds and grass. I also used my white gel pen to do some stitching around the scene’s border and to highlight the rosy cheeks. My card base is 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2. The cardstock the scene is on is 4 x 5 1/4 and is mounted on the card front with foam tape.
Bunny + Helicopter – V12, V15, V17, B00, B000N0, N1, N3, N5, R32, R30, E43, E42, E41
Fox + Muffin – E43, E42, E41, R32, R30, YR12, YR14, E79, E77, E71, V12, V15, R35, R32
Raccoon and Orange – N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, R32, R30, RY12, YR14
Kitty + Apple – N0, N1, N3, R32, R30, R35
Bear + Muffin – E29, E25, E23, R32, R30, E41, E42
Puppy + Juice box – E71, E73, E77, E79, R30, R32, R35, Y11, Y13, Y17
Watermelon – R000, R30, R32, R35, Y11, Y13, Y17
Basket w/food – E23, E25, E29, E30, E31, E33, YR12, R32, R35
How cute are these next stamps! I love the sentiment, e-i-e-i’ello. Super cute! I used some scrap pieces of paper and dies I had in my stash that were already cut out. The scalloped circle is on some foam tape to give some dimension. I colored the farmers overalls to resemble a jean color. I have a few tutorials already on my site on coloring animals. Here’s a Chicken Copic Coloring Tutorial, Cow Copic Coloring Tutorial and a Lamb Copic Coloring Tutorial.
Farmer – E11, E00, E000, N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, E30, E31, E33, B14, B12, B15, B18, BG72
Barn – R35, R39, N5, N3, N1,
Trees, Grass, Fence, Ground – YG41, YG11, E30, E0000, E31, E30
Hay Stack – E35, E37, E33, E31
Pig – E11, R32, R30, R01
Cow – N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, R30, E000, E0000
Lamb – E11, E000, R30, N0, N1, N3,
Chick – E43, Y21, Y26, YR12, E35, R39, N5
3D Effect Tutorial for your Stamped Images Tutorial
1. Color and cut your images out. I’m doing some fussy cutting on these little critters. I find it easier when you’re fussy cutting to move the image around instead of the scissors and guide it around.
2. After you fussy cut you will find that you may have a little bit of white around the image still. So I’ll take my Copic chisel nib using either N3 or N1 and just go around the image. It will help camouflage the white area and blend into the outline of the stamp.
3. After that you will need a thick stylus and a foam pad. Turn your image over and with a circular motion go over the entire back of the image. You will see the image start curling up.
4. In the phot below you will see the difference between doing this technique and not doing it.
5. Here’s an angled photo of the images. I love how the roundness of them curl over and hides the foam dot. This technique really gives a 3D look to your cards and makes them pop off the card and the background.
I hope you enjoyed my cards and tutorial today. Be sure to visit the Clearly Besotted Blog and see more inspiration on the new release.
Pin the image below so you can always find your way back to this page!