Well, it’s Wednesday and time for another project for Paper Smooches. This time I wanted to show you How to Create a Beach Scene using Copic Markers, since I wanted to use this super cute new Palm Tree Die from this month’s Paper Smooches release. The Palm tree is actually cut out and then glued back together on the beach scene background I”m going to show you how to color. I love all of the texture you get when coloring the die of the pal tree. It really pops off the card, too. The Summer Sampler sentiment is also from this month’s Paper Smooches release. So many fun goodies this month to play with!
How to Create a Beach Scene using Copic Markers
Copic Markers Used : E43, E42, E40, B00, B000, BG0000, BG10
- 1. We want to create a smooth gradient using these Copic Markers and in this order. E43, E42, E40. Start in the middle of the cardstock and flick going towards the bottom of the paper.
- 2. After you have a smooth gradient, make little dots in the sand using E43 — to resemble the sand.
- 3. Create a few sand hills towards the bottom of the paper using E43 — very lightly.
- 4. Blend out those lines using E42 and E40 so they blend into the gradient.
- 5. Add dots to the little sand dunes you created to look more like sand.
- 6. Make a line (light handed) using B00 about an inch or so from the top of the sand.
- 7. Make some scribbles using the B00 going towards he sand, leaving white in between
- 8. Blend out the B00 using B000.. still looking like scribbles but blending the B00.
- 9.Take the BG10 and start blending more but filling in more of the white area.
- 10. Then fill in the rest of the water with BG10
- 11. Go back and add little paths in the sand using your E42.
- 12. Blend out the E42 using the E40.
- 13. Then go along the top parts of those sand paths you just created darkening with E43.
- 14. Blend out again using the E42, E40… then you are all finished!
This was so much fun to Create a Beach Scene using Copic Markers. It’s a fun way to practice blending and thin a little outside of the box. you can create tons scenes using these techniques I showed you today. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Check out these other Beach Scenes I’ve made using Copic Markers.
Feel free to Pin the image below so you can always come back to this page!