Today I wanted to share a project I’ve been wanting to try for a while now. A printing on wood tutorial! I had seen a tutorial on pinterest, transferring laser printed photos on wood. I thought, well I can do that with a laser printed digi stamp and then COLOR on the wood. So I wanted to make a how to print on wood tutorial. This is such a great idea and so much fun to color on wood. Just think of all those adorable wooden ornaments in the dollar bin at Michaels. You can have tons of little ornaments to give away as gifts or have yourself a little Saturated Canary Christmas! 🙂
Printing On Wood Tutorial
- First thing is first, you MUST print using a Laser print printer. I used the Saturated Canary Image, Christmas Attire because she is just too cute!
- Next, you are going to trim your paper so you can see where you are placing your image.
- Then take a strip of tape and tape the edge of the paper to the wood to keep it in place. You only need to tape one side, this way when you lift the paper to see the transfer, once you place the paper down to continue transferring it will go in the same spot.
- Then – IRON the image! Set your iron to the highest setting and iron back and forth. You don’t want to leave it setting there for too long, it will burn the paper.
- Color with Prisma Colored Pencils
I hope you like my printing on wood tutorial. I really love it and I think I’ll have to add some ribbon to it and hang it as my Christmas decor.. from now on. I know I’ll be making some projects using this super fun transferring technique. SO many ideas and possibilities going through my head, while doing this.
Linking : Handmade Hangout ○ Shine Blog Hop ○ Fantastic Thursday ○ Thursday Favorite Things ○ Create it Thursday ○ Crafty Delicious Party ○ Link Party Palooza ○ R &R Wednesdays ○ Home Matters Party ○ Be Inspired ○ Inspiration Spotlight